Thursday, December 19, 2013

Devastation in the Philippines

This morning (the 13th) Annaliese and I discussed very simply about devastating weather that can occur.  We talked specifically about the tragedy in the Philippines.  As many of you know, I am Filipino and my grandfather was born in the Philippines.  Because my grandfather is deceased I used this opportunity to really talk about him and showed his picture to Annaliese.  We discussed what happened in the Philippines and how we could pray for the people there.  We also talked about the way Granddaddy looked and she was very much convinced that it was her Granddaddy Bobo when she saw the picture.  After our discussion we taped his picture to our world map right next to the islands of the Philippines so that she could recognize a little of where her relatives came from and about her heritage!  We also discussed what an island was!
Granddaddy at the Lake House

No comments:

Post a Comment