Friday, November 22, 2013

Wrong Door

At Sunday School this morning (Nov. 3rd) I had to teach the class.  Because I was the only one in there I had to send the kids down the hall to go to the bathroom on their own.  So when it was Annaliese's turn I sent her down just like everyone else.  It was the end of Sunday School and parents had crowded in the hallway.  As I was saying goodbye to a few parents, Annaliese comes running back into the room crying and very upset.  She had tried to open the door to what she thought was the bathroom but was really a closet.  She got very nervous/upset and overwhelmed by all the people and came running back to find me.  She didn't want to go to the bathroom alone anymore after that.  Needless to say, I must have a parent in their next week so that we can tag team with helping the kiddos in the bathroom.  This was really one of the first times I had seen Annaliese really upset like this because of something she had experienced alone because she really has not had many experiences away from me.  A first for both of us...poor baby...Mommy felt so bad.
Attendance chart for my cute, little Sunday School Class!

Later we came home and cleaned the garage and garage attic...to clear the way for Christmas decorations to come down...yay! Love that Christmas is on the way.  By the way,  Annaliese and I started listening to Christmas music Nov 1st!!  With Thanksgiving coming late I'm not waiting until then or I just won't get enough.  I guess I'm Christmas programmed because I have already been practicing my piano pieces for the Christmas recital.  Love, love this time of year!

No comments:

Post a Comment