Friday, November 22, 2013

Happy Halloween 2013

Halloween this year was one busy day!  We started out at music, home for lunch, and then off to gymnastics!  After gymnastics we headed to Walgreens for a free photo op and then to Trick-or-Treating at the library.  We came home after that for some fun costume photos outside.  I was so excited to have Annaliese wear this "vintage" costume.  This little Dutch girl costume was my mother's dance costume when she was little.  Then I wore it as a costume in one of my dance recitals in 1984.  When I thought about what she could be this year for Halloween I immediately knew that I wanted her to wear this costume...for 3 generations!  For this costume to be from the 50's it has held up pretty well!  The string at the bottom was unraveling a little and it did have a few "age spots" but otherwise looked pretty good and fit great!  She even wore real "Dutch shoes" from Holland that my grandparents brought back from one of their journeys there.  We spent Halloween night at Boo's house.  Annaliese really enjoyed trick-or-treating.  She went up, said "the words," and thank each person.  She liked riding in the wagon too and checking out all of the other children.  It was so nice to have a fairly warm night for trick-or-treating as I didn't have to cover up her costume.  She wasn't too fond of the hat though and had it off most of the night.  When we were done she loved looking at all of the candy and didn't mind sharing with everyone else.  Overall, Halloween was great!

 

Trick-or-Treating at the IR Library






 

Angelique 1984
Annaliese 2013



Daddy and Annaliese Trick-or-Treating
Ama pulling Annaliese in the wagon
 
Scoping out the candy with Granddaddy

Her "loot"

Nala wanted to Trick-or-Treat too so she went with us.  Except she didn't walk the whole way and instead got held in Eric's sweatshirt!

Wearing the same costume in my dance recital - June 1984 at The Pavillion

No comments:

Post a Comment